I’ve heard a story that, after he is done filming, Clint Eastwood has a thank you party for his supporting cast & crew at his private club, Tehama, in Carmel Valley. What an awesome thing to do for people that, aside from a split second credit at the end of the film, probably don’t get much credit for the work that they do.I’ve always thought that this was a really cool thing to do.By most accounts, especially in a down economy, I’ve had a pretty good year and have had the opportunity to do some really fun things. I celebrated my 10-year wedding anniversary with Holly, watched my kids evolve into little people, closed some big deals, got a bunch of case studies, consulted / advised two companies, taught a class, sat on two panels, did a couple of guest blog posts and learned a ton from all of the people that I met with throughout the course of the year.Success is not an individual sport. There are a lot of people that have helped me out. For that, I’m very grateful and I’d like to recognize them. Think of this as a Follow Friday, Subscribe Saturday or what you want to call it. These people rock.
- My amazing wife and family – beyond them, this list is in no particular order
- The awesome people at Socialtext for all of their help – Kris, Eugene, Ross, Michael, Alan, Shawn Devlin, Chris Lynch, Michael Kieran, Adina Levin, Phyllis Ball and the entire development staff here at Socialtext. You guys have built an amazing product that is really fun to sell. Thank you.
- All of my customers that actually bought stuff from me. You have no idea how much it means to me that you see me as someone you trust enough to do business with. Thank you, thank you, thank you. A million times over, thank you.
- Eric Grafstrom, Jim Weil, Mukund Mohan, Peter Marquez & Greg Brown for being good friends that I can bounce crazy ass ideas off of and being willing to tell me if they are crazy or not. I am always so impressed by you guys and learn so much in our conversations.
- Terri Griffith for letting me teach her class at Santa Clara University – I can’t wait to do it again this winter!
- Too many friends to name – I’m insanely lucky in that department
- Jennifer Leggio, Dat To and Fernando Labistida for having me guest blog on their sites. PLUG – I love doing this if you need a sales guest blogger, hit me up.
- Sameer Patel, Oliver Marks & Gerhard Gschwandtner for letting me sit on panels at their respective trade shows. I love that you guys invite me to these and I learn so much when I do these events.
- Bloggers and writers like Jim Keenan, Doyle Slayton, Jill Konrath & Paul Castain – I learn so much from you guys every time you post.
- You – I’m shocked sometimes when people read this blog. Thank you for doing so.
As the clock turns over to Thanksgiving day here on the west coast, I’m reminded how lucky I am, but how many people have helped me to be in this position. I know I’ve missed people on this list, but thank you very, very much to each and everyone of you.Image by me.